Indecisive Certainty
You must Register to Log In!
Indecisive Certainty
You must Register to Log In!
Indecisive Certainty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing like no other !

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech Help please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kris Simpson
Helljumpers corp

Tech Help please Empty
PostSubject: Tech Help please   Tech Help please EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:52 am

Morning all

Im having PC issues..

Currently without warning my Montior will go off the pc is still runnning and when i restart it the monitor wont click on. ive check the monitor with my xbox and it works fine so i must be the g card. Well i thought that and went out to buy a new one put that in the pc and same thing would click on, i changed the cable from dvi to dsub and it came on, so i thought ah that much be the issue and put the old g card back in and it worked for the whole night until i tried restarting it.

I left it over night and it turned on this morning but just before work it went off again and wont come back on.

I have no clue to whats up with it can someone help?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Maran Nexdine

Tech Help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech Help please   Tech Help please EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:07 am

hard to tell when its doing that.... couple of things spring to mind:

fristly, the monitor itself could be overheating.... try setup a fan so it blows directly onto the back of the monitor, through any vents/holes. if it stays on, then its overheating and turning itself off to prevent damage

secondly, it could be an issue with the motherboard, which is slightly more hard to diagnose... try a different motherboard, see if that works.

hope it helps

Maran
Back to top Go down
Ash
Morbid obsesion

Tech Help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech Help please   Tech Help please EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:30 am

From what you have described i would be looking at the auto switch feature between analogue and digital signals. The first thing to do would be to borrow a monitor from someone and plug that onto your pc and see what happens. I personally have never found a problem like this relate back to a motherboard fault, you would be experiencing other problems with your pc if either the northbridge or southbridge had become faul;ty, and tbh, your pc would be bloody unstable if this was the case.

So no.1 - Try a diff monitor crt, tft dfont matter as long as its working order.
If you tried a crt, put your current monitor back on and connect using a vga cable and see what happens, If problem persists your monitor is faulty.
If you tried a tft with digi connection, reconnect curent monitor with digi cable and see what happens. Again if problem persists your monitor is faulty.

No.2 - If you find the test monitor to suffer the same problems, try a new cable.

I stuggle to believe that the problem is relating back to the pc, given that the pc isnt turning off, or freezing up or anything other than running stable.

Let me know and we can work from there.
Ash
Back to top Go down
Yasmine Yuhn (Admin)
Guilty by Association

Tech Help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech Help please   Tech Help please EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 am

Moved to correct forum

Yasmine Yuhn
Forum Administrator
Back to top Go down
https://indecisive-certainty.darkbb.com
Kris Simpson
Helljumpers corp

Tech Help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech Help please   Tech Help please EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 am

thxs fro all the help ive changed the gcard and all is fine now fingers crossed i think it mite be a power issue and the new card only need the mb slot for power
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tech Help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech Help please   Tech Help please Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech Help please
Page 1 of 1